Las Vegas is on the bucket lists of many traveler’s which is, in large part, because of the incredible hotel and casino options available. If you’re looking for a place to stay in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, then consider Harrah’s Las Vegas hotel and casino. It’s so much more than a place to stay. With constant shows, entertainment, and attractions, this is one of the best hotels in Las Vegas.
With its own casino, pool, spa, restaurants, shopping options, and other attractions, you have everything you need. It’s easy, convenient, and relatively inexpensive. Here’s everything you need to know before you head to Harrah’s Las Vegas.
Harrah’s Las Vegas: A History
In a prime location on the Las Vegas Strip, Harrah’s is a favorite among visitors to the area. It’s one of the most convenient and exciting places to stay. The hotel has existed since 1973, making it also one of the oldest in the city. Originally the building was a simple casino called Holiday Casino but it has since expanded into the three-star hotel we know and love today. By 1982, it had already increased capacity to 1000 rooms. This number has since grown further to 2540. At this time, the property was based on a riverboat theme that appealed to tourists.
In 1992, the building underwent a rebrand, changing its name to Harrah’s Las Vegas. The entire theme was updated in 1997, taking the interior of the property from a riverboat theme to a carnival and Mardis Gras aesthetic. In doing so, the whole energy of the hotel was lifted. New luxury decorations were added and extensions were built to increase the number of rooms. Harrah’s was already setting itself up to be one of the most fun hotel and casino joints in the state of Nevada. It had become a hotel famous for its wild all-night parties.
Following this update, Harrah’s Las Vegas became legendary among circus performers. Celebrities like Sandra Bullock, Dick Butkus, Lea Thompson, and Stephen Baldwin visited to entertain guests. From acrobats to tightrope walkers, Harrah’s hotel and casino have firmly established itself as the home of circus-related entertainment. Being a top Las Vegas casino venue, there are so many other activities to keep guests excited and entertained. Read on to find out everything that Harrah’s Las Vegas has to offer.
Where is Harrah’s Las Vegas Located?
Location-wise, you can’t get much better than Harrah’s. Visitors to Las Vegas want to be right on the Las Vegas Strip. They want to be able to see, hear, and smell it from their hotel room and Harrah’s offers exactly this. Nestled between the LINQ Hotel and Experience and the Venetian Las Vegas, Harrah’s is surrounded by many of Las Vegas’ most famous and renowned hotels and casinos. It’s at the very heart of the Las Vegas Strip.
Harrah’s hotel and casino are just off the Las Vegas Freeway and a 10-minute drive from the airport. You really can’t find anywhere more convenient for tourists in a rush to get straight to the poker tables. Although Harrah’s Las Vegas has plenty of its own eateries, guests are also within walking distance of many world-famous restaurants. Everything you need is right on your doorstep if you choose to stay at Harrah’s Hotel.
If the Vegas heat is too hot to walk in, then the rear of the property has its own monorail stop. Just hop onto any train and it’ll take you where you need to go. With two large towers, the tallest being 35 stories high, you won’t have trouble finding this hotel. Whether you arrive by taxi, monorail, or on foot, you’ll easily spot the welcoming hotel building. Simply walk in, use the express check-in, and go straight to your room to drop off your bags. Then, you have all the time you need to explore the casino and other attractions.
The Harrah’s Casino
Guests at Harrah’s’ don’t need to leave their accommodation to find an incredible casino. One of Vegas’ best is located right inside the hotel! With 1200 slot machines, there’s plenty to go around. You won’t find yourself waiting a long time to get a chance to play on one of their exciting games machines. All the classic and most popular slot games are available and the casino is open all day and all night long.
Harrah’s also boasts sports and race betting, as well as some of the friendliest card dealers in town. The comfortable chairs by the big screens will keep you entertained for hours but don’t forget to head over to the betting tables. These are the most social and dynamic areas of the casino where guests have the most fun of all. Whether you’re the king of Blackjack or a big winner in the game of Craps, you’ll find something you love in Harrah’s. The roulette wheel is particularly popular, paying out large sums to gamblers over the years.
The casino at Harrah’s is clean, modern, and welcoming to all. You don’t have to carry cash if you don’t want to, meaning it’s a safe and friendly environment in which to play your favorite games. Consider taking part in a tournament for the ultimate experience. If you’re not an expert poker player, you’ll find you have a good chance of winning. Players vary greatly in skill level and are there to have fun. If luck is on your side, then there’s no reason you can’t come away with a massive win.
Players can easily spend all day and night engaging with the vast array of casino games but don’t forget to check out everything else that the hotel has to offer!
What’s Inside the Harrah’s Hotel?
There’s plenty to explore when staying at the Harrah’s Hotel. There are two large towers called the Mountain and the Valley. In total, these contain 2540 rooms, each one having been recently renovated with a mix of bold purple and relaxing cream colors throughout. They’re spotlessly clean and give you a chance to live in luxury for a relatively low price. You don’t want to spend all your time in the hotel, however!
If you’re in the mood to relax, then the pool and spa areas are for you. Whether you’ve just landed a huge win in the casino or are preparing to later on in the day, the pool can help keep your adrenaline levels under control, allowing you to deeply relax. The spa is dedicated to the wellness of all guests and the treatments will leave you feeling refreshed and free of any stress you might have brought into the hotel with you.
If you’re looking for entertainment, there are magic shows, comedy acts, X-rated adult entertainment, concerts, and musicals. Much of this takes place with the carnival and Mardi Gras theme that you’ll find throughout Harrah’s Las Vegas. On top of this, there are plenty of shops and a golf course. That means there are fun and relaxing times ahead, whether you’re a fan of retail therapy or hitting a few balls with your best buddies.
At Harrah’s you really have to check out the nightlife. You can’t be in the casino all the time and sometimes just want to relax with a couple of drinks. There are so many bar and nightclub options that guests are truly spoiled for choice. You might not get to visit them all but you should definitely try to get a taste of some of the unique Vegas nightlife lifestyle while you can.
Guests need to eat and, fortunately, Harrah’s has plenty of restaurant options. Whatever style of food you’re in the mood for, one of these restaurants is bound to cater to you. There is a good mix of casual and upscale restaurants depending on the kind of night you’re looking to have. Read on to find out all about the restaurants on offer at Harrah’s Las Vegas.
Casual restaurant options:
- Ben & Jerry’s: Perhaps the world’s most popular ice cream maker, Harrah’s has its own in house Ben & Jerry’s store. Perfect for a delicious snack on a hot Vegas Day.
- Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar and Grill: Named for the famous country singer, this is a hearty, all-American bar and grill. There are sports, beer, delicious Nashville inspired food, and live music. Prepare for a fun and entertaining evening if you visit this restaurant.
- Oyster Bar Las Vegas: If you love shellfish and seafood, Oyster Bar has everything you’re looking for. It’s all completely fresh and rated one of the top seafood restaurants in all of Las Vegas.
- Fulton Street Food Hall: Some foodies just love the homemade and rustic taste and texture of street food. Fulton Street Food Hall recreates this in its charming restaurant, serving food from morning to night. Load up of a lovingly made breakfast or chow down on a burger or pizza before you head down to the casino for the night.
- Pizza Cake by Buddy V: A New York and New Jersey style pizzeria, Pizza Cake by Buddy V always hits the spot. The unique selling point of this joint is the cake ATM. A first of its kind in Vegas, guests can withdraw a freshly baked and delicious slice of pizza with their favorite toppings.
If you’re looking for something a little more upscale:
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House Las Vegas: On at least one of your nights in Vegas, you may be in the mood for a fancy dinner, eating food made by the world’s top steak chefs. This restaurant stands out because of the panoramic views created by floor to ceiling windows. With excellent views of the Las Vegas Strip, you’ll be dining in luxury. The food itself is award-winning and guaranteed to impress.
Harrah’s is so popular because it offers so much more than a hotel room, a restaurant, and a casino. There is a constant stream of other attractions to ensure guests never get bored. In particular, visitors should check out the ongoing shows and unbeatable nightlife.
If you’re looking to catch a show:
- Mac King Comedy Show: A clean, family-friendly show, Mac King comedy offers magic that will both amaze and amuse both children and adults.
- The Righteous Brothers: Bill Medley and Bucky Heard are incredible rock and roll stars who are currently putting on performances for guests at Harrah’s Las Vegas under the name The Righteous Brothers.
- X Country: Las Vegas is known for its adult shows and X Country is one of the best. Beautiful cowgirls will dance and reveal all so it’s a real treat for many visitors. Afterward, there’s the chance for a meet and greet to get up close and personal with the stunning stars of the show.
- Menopause the Musical: Vegas has a unique style of musicals that are shocking, hilarious, and emotional. With 15 years of experience under its belt, Menopause the Musical is the longest-running musical in Las Vegas, promising an unforgettable evening.
- Tape Face: As seen on America’s Got Talent, Tape Face is a unique, edgy performer who never fails to delight and amaze audiences.
- John Caparulo’s Mad Cap Comedy: You’ve come to Vegas to have a good time, so check out this high-rated comedy night. Whatever happens in the casino, John Caparulo will leave you with a huge smile!
- The Bronx Wanderers: A rock and roll band with more than 12 years of experience, the Bronx Wanderers will get your heart pounding and adrenaline pumping during their high-octane performances.
If you’re excited to experience the nightlife:
- The Piano Bar: A great place to get a drink and a light snack, you can spend all night in the Piano Bar, a lounge dedicated to live acoustic music.
- Numb Bar Frozen Cocktails: With an extensive range of cocktails, why not try something new and delicious at Numb Bar? They’re ice cold and wonderfully refreshing on a hot summer’s day.
- Carnaval Court Las Vegas: In keeping with Harrah’s love of carnival, the Carnaval Court is an outdoor street party where you can catch top DJs and live music.
- Las Vegas Signature Beer Bar: For a classic American bar, you’ve got to sink a few beers at the Signature Beer Bar. Open 24 hours a day, with 16 beers on draft, guests are invited to relax, watch some sports or play some video poker.
If you want the ultimate Vegas experience, check out Harrah’s. It has everything you could ever need and will provide you with a casino-based vacation that you’re unlikely to forget.